Monday, October 5, 2009

Francis at home in hospital bed

Dear Family & Friends,

He's asleep now in our yoga living room, facing the SW bow windows and to his left the glass door through which in the morning he'll be able to see the chickens.

Biopsy results in on Monday, but needed more refined analysis!!! So at 8:30 I'll call Dr. Inhorn the oncologist. VNA nurse will be calling between 8:00 and 9:00 am.

No time for many details: full days. I'm his nurse now and the one paying the bills, getting the groceries, going to the credit union and all that.

First day 3 eggs were lain!! I gave one to the neighbor who helped move the futon to make room for the hospital bed, and the other to Susan C. who helped prepare the room for my sweetheart. Pamela (yoga teacher and friend) made my salad, vacuumed the rug, put together a bouquet of garden flowers etc... and I'm off to yoga and bed now. Alarm set for 6:00 am -- for Francis' pain pill. Will catch up on my sleep in the PM. Adrenaline is helpful when needed, isn't it? ;o)

Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment